General terms and conditions of use
Updated on 23 October 2019
Dokeop, a simplified joint stock company registered at the Commercial Court of Nantes under number 851 030 429, offers you web and mobile solutions for the management of Supporting Documents in the context of sporting events.
Article 1. Definitions of the terms
Each of the terms mentioned below shall have the meaning given to it in this contract, whether used in the singular or plural, namely :
- « General Terms and Conditions" or "Conditions": refers to these General Terms and Conditions of Use for Dokeop services;
- « Site" or "Website": refers to the website published by Dokeop, accessible at the URL www.dokeop.com;
- « Services" or "Dokeop": refers to the services offered by Dokeop via the website and the Application;
- « Organizer" or "Organization": refers to the natural or legal person, club, association or any other structure that uses the Application for the management of Supporting Documents for the sporting event he or she is organising. The Organiser may be a natural or legal person who takes charge of the management of Supporting Documents on behalf of a third party;
- « Sports Event": refers to any sports event managed by the Organiser;
- « Supporting Document": refers to the document that must be provided by the Participant to the Organiser in order to finalize his or her registration for the Sports Event. This document can be of several kinds :
- A medical certificate issued by a doctor or a sports licence to establish that there are no contraindications to the practice of competitive sport or a relevant discipline;
- a proof of performance allowing to certify a certain level of sporting performance;
- parental consent.
It is specified that the ability to exercise a sporting activity in competition is not considered as a health data within the meaning of the General Regulations on data protection (hereinafter referred to as the « GDPR").
Indeed, personal data concerning health are data relating to physical or mental health, past, present or future, of a natural person (including the provision of health care services) that reveal information about that person's health status. This definition therefore includes information relating to a natural person collected at the time of registration in order to benefit from health care services or in the provision of such services: a specific number, symbol or element assigned to a natural person to uniquely identify it for health purposes; information obtained by testing or examining a part of the body or a bodily substance, including on the basis of genetic data and biological samples; and any information concerning, for example, a disease, a handicap, a risk of disease, the medical history, clinical treatment or physiological or biomedical condition of the person concerned, regardless of its source, whether it comes from a doctor or other health professional, a hospital, a medical device or an in vitro diagnostic test, for example.
Dokeop is not authorised to collect and store health data and will therefore refuse to process documents containing this type of data;
- « Participant or Athlete": refers to the natural person who downloads his supporting document via the Application to finalize his registration to a sporting event;
- « User": refers to any Participant or Organizer or Registration Platform using the Services;
- « the "Application": refers to the web interface allowing Participants to download their Supporting Document in order to register for a sporting event managed by the Organiser.
- « Member": refers to the Athlete who creates a member account on www.dokeop.com with a username and password.
- « Registration Platform" or "Registration Site": refers to the web interface allowing Participants to register for a Sports Event.
- « Dokeop model": refers to a model of a medical certificate generated on the Application and developed by Dokeop, containing all the information necessary for its validity for participation in a Sports Event.
Article 2. Object
The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions is to define the conditions under which the User may use the Application to submit a Supporting Document allowing it to finalize its registration for a Sports Event.
Article 3. Scope of the present
The use of Dokeop services by Organizers, Participants and Registration Platforms implies their immediate and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The parties agree that their relationship will be governed exclusively by these General Terms and Conditions as well as, for the Organizers, by the general terms and conditions of sale and any quotation if applicable, to the exclusion of any other conditions available on any other medium, which have only an informative and non-contractual value.
Article 4. Dokeop's missions and responsibility
Dokeop is a third party outside the commercial relationship between the Organiser and the Participants in the Sports Event and between the Organiser and the Registration Platform. The Organiser entrusts Dokeop with the management of Supporting Documents via its Application. Its missions with the Organiser are to:
- Collect the Supporting Documents of the Participants registered for the Sports Event
- Verify that these Supporting Documents comply with the regulations of the Sports Event as well as with the legislation in force.
- Regularly send an email to Participants who have not yet submitted their Supporting Document
- Communicate the status of each Verified Document to the Organizer of the Sports Event: valid / invalid / missing
- Archive these Supporting Documents on a secure server
Dokeop is responsible for managing the Participants' Supporting Documents only on the Application and within the time limits agreed with the Organiser: its mission cannot be extended to the place of the Sports Event.
In fact, it is understood that Dokeop does not intervene for the validation of registrations or payments and reimbursements, which are made in accordance with the Organiser's general terms and conditions of the event.
Article 5. Access to services
5.1 Registration for a Sports Event
To finalize his registration to a Sports Event, the Participant receives an email from Dokeop inviting him to submit his document on the Application within a time limit set by the Organiser of the Sports Event. The use of the Application implies the immediate and unconditional acceptance of these general terms and conditions.
He or she must then follow the link to the Application. He or she is free to create a member account or not. The Application is independent of the Sports Event Registration Platform used by the Organiser but the latter redirects the Participant to www.dokeop.com for the management of Supporting Documents.
When submitting his Supporting Document, the Participant must provide several information related to the document:
- Name/First name of the Participant
- Type of document (medical certificate/sport licence/pass/...)
- Information on the document
- Date of the medical appointment
- Name/First name of the doctor who has declared him/her suitable for participation in sporting events as well as his/her RPPS number of the said doctor.
This number is a unique eleven-digit identifier that the health professional keeps throughout his or her career,
issued at the time of affiliation to the Health Insurance. The RPPS number is available at :
The entry of the RPPS number is not required for a doctor not affiliated to the Health Insurance (example: doctor outside French territory).
The Participant guarantees the accuracy of the data transmitted as well as the authenticity of the Document when it is submitted. In the absence of accuracy and/or authenticity of the Document Justificatif, the Participant may not claim against Dokeop, or against the Organiser, in particular in the event of an accident occurring during his or her participation in a Sports Event.
Dokeop reserves the right to refuse any document it deems suspicious and possibly falsified with regard to a bundle of clues. It is recalled in this respect that the production of a false medical certificate constitutes an offence of forgery and use of forgeries: article 441-1 of the Penal Code sanctions this infringement a penalty of up to three years' imprisonment and a fine of 45,000 euros.
It is specified that any Supporting Document submitted by a Participant must comply with the requirements of the sports law (article L231-2-1 of the sports code) and the regulations of the federation of the discipline concerned, and mention in particular the absence of any contraindication to the practice of sport (and optionally the practice of the sport concerned) in competition, less than one year old at the date of the competition and must be signed and stamped by the doctor who performed the Participant's examination.
Dokeop accepts Supporting Documents written only in French or English
Once the Justification Document has been submitted to the Platform, Dokeop commits to the following processing times:
- Less than 14 working days if the period between the filing date of the Document and the deadline for filing Documents - set by the Organiser in its regulations - is more than one month
- Less than 4 working days if the period between the filing date of the Document and the deadline for filing Documents - set by the Organiser in its regulations - is more than one week and less than one month
- Less than 24 hours if the period between the filing date of the Document and the deadline for filing Documents - set by the Organiser in its regulations - is less than one week
It is specified that the deadline (date and time) for filing cannot be less than 24 hours before the date and time of the event so that Dokeop can guarantee the above-mentioned processing times.
When a supporting Document submitted is not in conformity, Dokeop refuses it and sends an e-mail to the Participant so that he/she can provide a new valid Supporting Document that complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
Following the submission of the Participant's Supporting Document on the Application, an e-mail is sent to the Participant inviting him/her to to create a free account and thus have a member account that will allow him/her to modify it later, if necessary, his personal information, to monitor the processing status of his supporting Document and to download a new supportin Documentif he so wishes.
The creation of a member account will allow the Participant, at a later registration to a Sports Event using the Dokeop platform, to instantly validate his/her registration on the condition that his current supporting Document is valid for the Event.
To access his member area, the Participant must enter his identifier when registering and his password.
The Organiser must also create his organiser account in order to benefit from the Service: manage and consult the processing status of the Participants' Supporting Documents. To access its organizer space, the Organiser must enter his username and password.
Dokeop's mission is not to validate the registration of a Participant in a Sports Event but only to communicate to the Organiser and/or the registration site the status of the registration (Waiting document / validated / refused / cancelled), and of the supporting Document (s) submitted by the Participant (waiting validation / validated / refused). Only the Organiser can validate the registration of a participant on the Registration Platform and is free to validate the registration of a Participant whose supporting Document has been rejected by Dokeop, without Dokeop's liability being engaged.
The member area on the Application is strictly personal and confidential. Both the Participant and the Organiser are responsible for the confidentiality of their login and password. Thus, the use of the Service is deemed to be carried out by the Participant and the Organiser, under their full responsibility.
The Organiser may add and delete member accounts to the Organisation that will have access to all of its Events on the Application. Each organizing member account remains strictly personal and confidential.
It is specified that the Participant has no obligation to create a member space to submit his Supporting Document in order to finalize his registration.
5.2. Functioning of services
Dokeop undertakes to implement all necessary means to ensure the proper functioning of its services.
However, Dokeop reserves the right to interrupt access to its services at any time for any of the following reasons:
- in the event of abusive or fraudulent use of the services by the Participant or the Organiser or the Registration Platform
- in the event of force majeure such as those retained as such by the French courts of justice and jurisprudence;
- in the event of any malfunction of the services;
- for a maintenance operation.
The interruption of access to services is a sovereign decision of Dokeop, without any condition of motivation of this prior decision to the Participants and/or Organizers and/or Registration Platforms.
In addition, Dokeop cannot be held responsible for the impossibility for Participants and/or Organizers and/or Platforms to registration to access the Application, when this impossibility is due to difficulties related to the Internet network or any other cause outside Dokeop.
Article 6. Obligations and guarantees of Dokeop
Dokeop guarantees that the Application has a security system, guaranteeing protection when downloading and archiving Supporting Documents.
Dokeop will take all reasonable steps to maintain the availability of its services 7 days a week.
Dokeop cannot be held responsible in the following situations: disruption in the use of the Internet network and presence of computer viruses, and any form of non-performance of the Service due to acts of force majeure such as those retained as such by the French Courts of Justice and Jurisprudence.
Article 7. Collection and processing of personal data
Article 8. Duration of the Agreement and deletion of registration
This Agreement shall come into force when the Participant or the Organiser or the Registration Platform uses the Application and will remain so until the end of its registration, for whatever reason.
The User may request the deletion of his Document and/or his member account and terminate this Agreement Contract at any time by sending a request to Dokeop either from the parameters of its member account, or by email to the following email address: email@example.com.
By deleting its Supporting Document, Participant agrees that Dokeop will cancel all pending Supporting Document downloads. Its registrations for unmatured Events may be refused by the organiser for failure to submit supporting documents.
Article 9. Nullity
The nullity or inapplicability of any of the provisions hereof shall not entail nullity of the other provisions, which will retain all their force and scope.
The parties then agree to replace the clause declared null and void and invalid by a clause which most closely approximates the content of the clause initially agreed.
Article 10. Temporary waiver of a right
The fact that one of the parties does not exercise, on one or more occasions, the rights, options, claims or actions reserved to it by this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or refusal to exercise such right, option, claim or action.
Article 11. Dispute resolution
This Agreement is governed by French law.
In the event of a dispute, the User shall first contact Dokeop by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to try to to obtain an amicable solution. In the absence of an amicable solution, the French courts shall have sole jurisdiction. Any proceedings or disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be brought in the courts for the defendant's place of residence or, at the defendant's choice, that of the place where the service is performed.
Article 12. Notifications to Dokeop
Any notice sent to Dokeop under this Agreement must be sent by post to :Dokeop SAS
9 La pinarderie
We are also available by email via email@example.com.
© 2020 Dokeop